Welcome to the Hotel Bizarro






In 2001 I decided create something from the left over tank end of a garden bell I had made. The top of the cylinder was from an old Co2 fire extinguisher. I'd been trying to come up with a useful and functional bell. Finally it revealed itself as a "hotel", or "tap" bell. I dismantled an old desk bell, and enlarged it through trial and error for the right balance. I showed it to my neighbor, a local successful artist. I told her it was "a hotel bell". Her answer was "yeah,... if your checking into the Hotel Bizarro". That seemed like the proper name. I entered it in the Mendocino County Fair as a sculpture. It received an honorable mention award for its originality. The other two bells followed. If you've got a hotel/motel, or any business that's in need of an extremely unique desk bell, these are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment