Tanks..... You're welcome... Don't toss em... create something.

These are well pressure tanks. I decided to make a Christmas present for my son and daughter-in-law. They had talked about putting a fire pit in their back yard. The old pressure tank that I turned into their gift was just right. I cut an old tank that I'd lugged around for the last 20 years in half. Then, I cut 18 points like a crown. I bent them down so that it looked like a big Sunflower. I made a ring out of a piece of re-bar, and bent the points of the crown around the ring. The result was a place you could rest your feet on to get them warm. The base is an old plant stand that I bent out to accommodate the pit, and be stable enough not to tip when leaned on. I added a few holes with the torch for decoration, and a coat of 1000 degree heat resistant paint. They loved it.


1 comment: