Dick and Cindy's Railing

When Dick & Cindy built their new house, they approached me about building a railing and gate between their house and garage. They wanted it to match the diamond shaped details in their leaded windows. It presented a few problems that required me to put on my creative thinking cap. The first was that the gate must be able to open both directions, and latch by itself when closed. The second was that the pad between the house and garage was already in and the uprights couldn't be set into the concrete. The third problem was, that in order to create the diamonds, I had to forge, cut, and weld about a five hundred different pieces of steel for the assembly. When it was finally finished, it was beautiful. It also reminded me of why I try to stay away from "fabrication" work.



No comments:

Post a Comment