"Everything Under The Sun"..... A Very Interesting Place

"Everything Under The Sun" is a fair trade store in Point Arena, that literally has just about anything you can think of in the way of gifts, interesting clothing, jewelry, whatever.... It's probably in this small shop, in one form or another.
When my friend Lena, the owner, approached me about making a sign for her, she already had the main portion of it in her shop.
These two Sun Faces were hammered out of oil drum lids in Haiti. Since they were hand made, they were slightly different from each other. Just different enough, so that I couldn't just put them back to back and make them align. My solution was to build a center plate that would attach to a frame.

The frame was built from a recycled sample railing, a wrought iron fence top, and a plant hanger. Put them together and add the faces of the Sun by riveting them to the center plate,.... and voila! The sign was born.
I think it came out pretty nice, don't you?

1 comment: